View Single Post
Old 17 February 2017, 11:40 PM   #12
rangercadre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
congratulations!!!! It's a gorgeous watch!!!

I'm having a tough time deciding between this watch and the 116500 in the white dial. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for? I think discounts have varied rom 10 to 20%
i was initially quoted a 15% discount from the AD but i managed to negotiate to 18%. As for AP boutique the saleslady told me that the best discount they can give is only 5% for all watches(pretty sure she's bullshitting).

Allow me to give my 2cents for your dilemma, I would rather have the white diver over the daytona. I may be a little biased (i also own a rolex yacht master 116622), but AP design is really top notch compared to rolex. the fine polishing on the angles , the depth and the clarity of the dial and the oversized offshore designs come very well together.

Personally i like watches that have a date function ,which daytona lacks even though the class and beauty of the chrono is undeniable. the diver itself has a sporty look and for me the white dial adds a touch of elegance and class to it.

However, the daytona fits better if you are one that wears a suit often, the diver is thick(14.1mm) and is difficult to hide under the sleeve. Also , the diver is more prone to scratches compared to the ceramic daytona .

If you already has a rolex timepiece i reckon it is time for you to venture into the world of AP, I'm sure you won't regret.
rangercadre is offline   Reply With Quote