View Single Post
Old 26 December 2018, 06:22 AM   #25
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
Rootbeer7, after I have been lied to, cheated and stolen from on eBay, I would happily take a great deal. You are a better person than me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Stolen LOL. This buyer did not take advantage of the seller. It is the sellers obligation and responsibility to know exactly what they are selling so that the item isn’t grossly misrepresented. How are you going to act like the buyer took advantage of the seller. It’s not the buyers job to point out exactly what someone is selling if the seller hasn’t a clue. If you want to inform the seller that’s 100% up too you. This is typical jealousy here. It’s not a crime to get a great deal on eBay. It makes up for all the people who shill bid and make us pay over the moon.
I think you are ill in thought on this one.
Congratulations on the find, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Lol what?! You bid on something at an auction house that’s worth more than what you paid. And you would want to create an arrangement to pay the fair value? Isn’t that the point of an auction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chaps, I’m far from a saint. But, I genuinely couldn’t sleep thinking I’d taken advantage of someone. I think the key here is the value. It’s potentially life-changing sums. Anyway, it’s all hypothetical, because it didn’t happen to me!!