View Single Post
Old 24 June 2019, 03:56 AM   #349
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Figured I would throw in that I went in for the full deposit on the Barakuda today with the Boutique in NYC. Lovely service there, and they will even ship it to me when it comes in. They have a BUNCH of deposits already, but only a few full deposits, and full deposits go to the head of the line so I am liking my chances (90%).

I have really been exploring several non Rolex options the last couple of months after sitting on Daytona waiting lists for years, and I LOVED the Milspec when it came out a couple of years ago. But I was busy buying Hulks and SD43s and Batmans the last two years. When I saw the Kuda my pulse actually quickened. I know some will not warm to it because of the faux vintage stuff, but damn if to me that isn't one of the most most stunning watches I have ever seen.

And, having tried on BPs before in my travels I know the build quality is amazing. These are beautiful watches, and I think the most beautiful divers in the world, bar none.

I am over the moon that it looks like I got on the deposit list in time. NYC thinks a November ship date, roughly. But, it's paid for, so now I just wait. So excited! Both for this watch and to have something in the stable that isn't a Rolex! Ha!
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote