View Single Post
Old 1 April 2020, 10:30 PM   #4691
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
And that’s exactly what they’ve done. Pretty much destroyed the world economy. Of course our “experts” here in the United States have changed their numbers two or three times and are now down to 100,000 240,000 dead. I’ll bet you a buffalo nickel they will revise that number again significantly. That’s not the worst of it. I can’t speak for any other country other than the United States but the scariest part here is how quickly my fellow citizens have given up their constitutional rights. It happened at an astonishing pace and has me extremely concerned for the future. Fear is the recipe for control.
OK Brett. Let me first ask who are "they". I believe They are we = all of us. Globally. Right? We are all in this together ….. right?

Numbers change because the situation is fluid. This should not cause any concern. If the number goes lower as you predict then that's fantastic and means the increasingly tighter measures are working ……. right?

If the world was a normal place right now I might actually agree with you but its not. Historically when many fellow citizens are facing possible death or permanent radical changes to their freedoms people have been willing to temporarily suspend some freedoms for the good of the fight. It has never been looked at as a great concern for the future. In fact its actually been looked upon as a great patriotic sacrifice. I'll use your earlier example of the large number of people who sacrificed their lives in multiple wars.

Why do you think this is any different?

"Fear is the recipe for control" ----- how about "Fear of the unknown is the recipe for overreaction and irrational thought" Now is not the time for fear. Now is the time for brave rational thought and action.