View Single Post
Old 23 January 2024, 11:54 AM   #109
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Late delivery on Tambour and getting later...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
Thanks for sharing the info and pics. Did you get the watch? How are you liking it if yes?
Hey there - Happy New Year - Just getting caught up.

Initially the blue tambour (fully paid for) watch was due mid October / mid-November and then in November, my SA let me know that there was a large demand and with all the reorganization with all the LVMH watch brands they were delayed in the manufacture and rollout process of the pieces as ordered. I was an early order -within the first ~5-10 ordered in NYC so I would be one of the first to receive.

So this past week, when I am seriously getting ready to cancel my order, and texting and emailing my SA, I get a call from the Watch Ambassador of the Americas. He spent a good amount of time talking about the reorganization for all of the watch brands owned by LVMH this past fall. He also said overall demand for the tambour watches was higher than expected and that they had delivered three so far and that I should receive mine by April.

Now as a recent collector, for the 2022-2023 span, I have waited for a few watches - that were delivered late or am still waiting for;

1) Ordered the Christopher Ward Bel Canto - early 2023 - initially promised delayed until June 2024
2) Ordered the Christopher Ward - Twelve titanium astral blue -July 2023 and received November 2023.
3) Ordered the Rolex 126711CHNR in April 2023 and received it in August of 2023
4) Ordered the Tudor Bay Burgundy also in April 2023 and received it in July 2023
5) Ordered the LVMH Blue dial Tambour - July 2023 - Still waiting.
6) Ordered the GMT II 126713 GRNR in June of 2023 - Just got it yesterday.

So is waiting 6-12 months unreasonable? Probably not, but the delay of a promise date becomes frustrating and eventually works against the brand.

Then of course I got lucky with a few walk ins to Rolex AD's and scored 3 great watches in addition to the ones above. (Previous Rolex posts)

I'll be back.