View Single Post
Old 13 December 2006, 03:10 AM   #1
----

Options - GMT/Alarm Watch

So, have been considering what I would like to buy (in the future) in the way of my next watch, and really have a desire for a GMT/Alarm watch.

Looking at the options out there, I have found the following so far:

1/ Vulcain Aviator - Vulcain is known for their "Cricket" watches and they offer this model with an alarm and GMT function. 42mm and retails for around $2,400 US or so.

(Not my picture)

2/ Moving up the price scale, the next is the JLC Master Compressor Memovox. I like this watch, and it's also 42mm. I have seen this for $6,400 US on a strap at some grey dealers, and $7,400 on a bracelet. I have a JLC already (the Master Moon) so I know hese are top quality watches, and a brand I like very much.

(Not my picture)

This is my video file of the alarm:

http://media.putfile.com/JLC

3/ Around the same price is the Panerai 98 that Launch Mini has.....this is his watch in fact. I've seen ot for $7,400 US, and it's also 42mm.

4/ The next is the Blanpain Leman GMT/Alarm. It's 41mm, which although not that different from the others it would help with my smallish wrists. Going up in price here to $10,700 US on a strap from a grey dealer. There are quite a few variations in terms of the dials and right now this one appeals to me as it's less busy than the dials with full arabics. I have a Leman Ultra-Slim Big Date already, and this would have a similar style. I like BP as a brand a lot, and although this would be sort of duplicating my other BP, it's much more sporty looking then the one I have now.

(Not my picture)

5/ Found this Breguet on sale - a Ref. 5707. Not my style at all. I am not generally a fan of Breguet......they are nice but they don't "click" with me. Definitely expensive and retails for $30,000 US. This is a "no go" on a few levels.

(Not my picture)

6/ Of course my current grail watch is the Ulysse Nardin Sonata Cathedral. I don't mind this one in white gold, but would take the rose gold version as well. Not terribly realistic as a choice since I think the sales guy at Solaris in Toronto said the list was $63,000 Canadian. I'm sure he would cut me a deal, but I doubt it would be the 80% off I'd need to afford this.

My video of the alarm....so weet!

http://media.putfile.com/Sonata-33

So, any other suggestions?