View Single Post
Old 12 March 2020, 12:17 AM   #1508
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggsiam View Post
The US is blowing it at every point of prevention and testing. It's an absolute joke.

My boss returned to the US from Thailand last week. Upon entering LAX there was ZERO testing of any passengers, especially from Asia (not that country of departure matters anyway). He had a slight fever and decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. All the hospitals he called or went to flat out refused to check him. The only option he was given was to call the CDC, which he remained on hold for 2 hours.

To put it into perspective. I live in Thailand and every passenger is tested for a fever and symptoms no matter country of origin. Even domestic flights are checked. Every single person. This is from a third world country run by an incompetent and corrupt junta.

At my work, I document every worker that leaves the country, and their return path. Any symptoms, they get a 2 week quarantine.

If you want a massive virus spread, just keep doing what the US is doing, which is nothing.

Every country has a different situation, Korea is a homogenous society so they do things differently. I worked over there a long time. The US will do fine and handle it well. There’s still too much hype with corona right now and the panic is really the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk