View Single Post
Old 7 October 2019, 12:08 AM   #10
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Panerai has always been focused on extremely high manufacturing and attention to detail. You should see all that goes into producing the Carbotech models. The Carbotech crown guard alone is incredibly labor-intensive.

The only difference is now the commodity brokers have left Panerai and are now picking the bones of Rolex. They are pissed at Panerai because they can’t make money on it anymore and there lies the root of the Panerai hate.

Panerai is trying a multi tiered price point offerings from DUE on up. The top tier Panerai watches have always been spectacular and at the top of their field. The Due line gives the haters and commodity brokers something to point at to generalize the entire Panerai brand.

It’s ridiculous, I’m not gonna hate and say Mercedes-Benz lost its way by offering a C class if you really are a S class customer.

Then the uneducated Panerai hater brings up movements. Let’s talk about the new thinner all in-house P.9010 calibre, entirely developed and created by Panerai manufactured in Neuchâtel. I’ll put this movement up against anything from the competition. Dual barrel 80hour power reserve, twin support bridge, etc...

Most of these knucklehead haters are not experienced enough to even know why and what makes a superior automatic movement.

I get that a lot of people don’t like the Panerai look or even understand the look. It’s not a mainstream targeted watch. It never has been. Panerai is a enthusiast brand and I hope it stays that way.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote