View Single Post
Old 31 July 2019, 02:05 AM   #110
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
Although I don’t necessarily disagree with you given there sand blasted clasp ( which means pre 2016), the rehaut appears completely off center. Also, the AR costing on the date window appears to reflect correct sapphire crystal so assuming the movement pans out I think this was just a refurb LN that maybe was not put together well after it was taken apart to replace the GmT hand and make any other repairs we may not even be aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The watch in question is more than likely a 2008 M serial. If it’s not the angle of pictures, then you’re right, when the hand was changed and the movement dropped back in the case, the movement screws may have been done up before the stem was fitted back in, watch maker didn’t check dial lined up properly, causing the dial to be slightly off with the rehaut engravings. I’ve even seen it on brand new watches straight from an AD, it’s rare but it happens. That hand obviously wasn’t fitted by Rolex though.

No fake GMT case has ever got those dark double line engraved rehaut engravings right.

I’m certain it’s a genuine 116710ln. If it’s not an M serial it’s a very late Z.

EDIT: Just had another look at the pictures. You’re definitely right, the movement/dial was refitted slightly off when it was recased.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote