View Single Post
Old 7 April 2010, 08:48 AM   #47
Rolexroz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Orange hand Exp11
Hello I am not a girly!

Good evening,
Firstly may I say a huge thanks to Nairn for sticking up for me.

Secondly, I know that I got one of the last SD's delivered to the UK's AD's. It was sent to them on the 7th January 2010( I know this for a fact as I was allowed to see the allocation list from Rolex.) and it had a V4 serial number. The strange thing was that almost 18 months earlier Rolex were sending out the V4's.

So one can only assume that Rolex manufactured a batch of SD's and then sat on some of them for almost 18 months.

As it happens I had contacted 147 UK Rolex dealers in January 2010 and only 12 admitted to having received a new SD. In the rest of Europe I couldn't find any who had had been offerred a BNIB SD.

As ever there was method in the decisions of the Rolex management, as the watch prices had increased from about £3300 (Autumn 2008, to the seriously ridiculous £4070 of January 2010 (as shown in the official dealer price list issued in December 2009, and published on the net by my good self on 29th December 2009.)

So unless anyone can confirm other wise, it looks like the mid V's was an end to the Rolex SD.

P.S. would any Scottish Rolex lover please send me a PM. I may well buy you a drink, if not dinner.............

Rolexroz
Rolexroz is offline   Reply With Quote