View Single Post
Old 16 March 2020, 07:18 AM   #2127
statsman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Let’s see, 2,726 confirmed case in the US, out of 300 million people, I don’t know how many deaths but I believe it is less then 10, so that’s... not very many. I don’t think I will join the ridiculous hoards of panic and start building a shelter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020..._United_States

63 deaths in the US. Over 3100 active cases (New availability of testing has this number growing quickly). The fear is of a situation like Wuhan or Italy where the hospitals were overwhelmed with very sick, very contagious people, leaving too few resources for others needing significant care.

Italy went from 620 cases on Feb. 22 to 10,000 on March 4. They have only doubled in the 11 day’s since they shit the country down. The US had over 600 on March 4, and 11 day’s later we are over 3,000. That’s better than Italy, especially for our larger size, but no reason for a parade yet.

The runs on the stores are ridiculous for some items (why water? Do they think the utilities are closing?) but understandable for others (sanitizer).

In my opinion, refusing to try social distancing is stupidly selfish and not brave independence. We need to flatten this curve of growth to buy time, time for treatments, time for a vaccine, time for hotter temperatures.