View Single Post
Old 4 April 2020, 11:10 PM   #5095
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Maybe. But to say with certainly is simply wishful thinking.

No matter how you slice this, things will be very different going forward.

You guys can all name the various things we’ve gotten through before. But those same people have mentioned in this thread that this is unprecedented.

Yes, I too am confident that we will eventually overcome. Things will normalize and our species will continue. But the new normal will be very different.

How that is defined remains to be seen.

Im not being negative. I’m being pragmatic.

We currently have no end in sight. That’s a fact. So we can’t state that things will get back to normal. Until an actual end is defined, it is just impossible to say what will be.

Edit to add I agree we need to stay the course. I’m not disputing that. But I’m this ever evolving situation we also need to be dynamic and open minded. A new way will emerge and we need to be ready to make the best future we can.
I agree with you to a certain extent. Will things change? Absolutely.

The silver lining if there’s is one, is that we will be better prepared for the next time if one of these pandemics occurs again.

There are many positives to come out of this in terms of readiness, companies mobilizing to help, medical communities collaborating and most of all, the power of people to come together from all walks of life toward a common good.

All we have to look at is the past and that’s why I think it’s so powerful to mention how we did overcome these type of past events.

Maybe it’s a bit like the stock market thread .... all you have is past performance to go on....

I respect your view brother.