View Single Post
Old 6 April 2020, 01:49 AM   #5313
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
My only issue with the viewpoint of “we need to get back to business” is simply that this viewpoint is the natural progression of those who initially thought this was a hoax, then advanced to believing that was no worse than the regular flu and now say our mitigation efforts are doing more harm than good.

The holders of these opinions have been consistently wrong because their opinions are not based on anything more than a “feeling”.

Similarly, no one here has been able to offer anything more than speculation that the effects of a shutdown are going to be worse than the effects of a pandemic let loose with no social distancing.
I find the comments from the last 177 pages interesting and thought provoking and some range from "JANE, YOU IGNORANT SLUT", to " I LOVE YOU, MAN." And everything in between.

We do have to remember this is a pretty stressful time for most people and kind of like, Pearl Harbor was bombed, we declared war, and now the calm before the storm. Because soon the real action starts and nobody knows how it will end, but there will be a lot of death.