View Single Post
Old 8 October 2022, 01:33 PM   #1257
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...3#post12412013

look at how some of these posters are commenting towards the OP. Now granted, precisely today, below MSRP is impossible. but how they're commenting about a SS Rolex to EVER be below MSRP is laughable and mocking him, showcases exactly how down the rabbit hole some of these guys have fallen. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people are in for a very rude awakening and have drank way too much of the 'my watch will always be worth what I paid!' koolaid.

In reality, it's absolute lunacy that a Submariner would ever trade above MSRP when one accounts for how common it is. There's zero rarity whatsoever and production will be continued for years to come.

The green sub has traded above MSRP for quite some time, and while the hype and prices are cooling, the overall market for luxury watches has certainly grown. Whatever else IG and influencers and whatever have done, they’ve introduced an awful lot of new people to high end watches. That’s going to have some lasting effect even after the current nonsense.