View Single Post
Old 9 April 2018, 01:49 AM   #1
jw0n
"TRF" Member

Visit to Japan - Nakano Broadway

I've just come home from a week long holiday to Japan; it was my first time there. Spent most of my days in Tokyo, with a 2d1n trip to Hakone-Gotemba. Naturally, I've read a lot about Jack Road and watch hunting in Tokyo (a lot of it from here on TRF), so I planned a full day of just browsing for watches.

I found out much later, that Jack Road is actually within a sort of mall or shopping complex. About 3 storeys high and inside, a whole chunk of shops that sells preowned bags, watches, jewelry... basically luxury goods. There are also magazine, comic and toy stores; it can get a little confusing. Since I read that Jack Road was on the third floor, that's where I started.

I think two of the major stores on the third floor are Jack Road and Kame-Kichi. There's also a Betty Road which caters to watches for women. Once you take the escalator that goes directly from ground floor (1F) to third floor (3F), turn right and you'll see Jack Road. Kame-Kichi is somewhere along the left of the escalator. There are no shortage of watches here - Daytonas, Submariners, GMTs, Pateks, APs, Mosers, Langes, Zeniths, JLCs, B&Rs, Oris, Tag.... you name it, you can probably find it. What I've noticed is that prices for Rolexes here are definitely on the high side. I presume that is based on demand.

Sorry, but I do not remember all the names of the shops which I went in to, and where I took what pictures. But most of what you see here, are from Nakano Broadway. As I was on the hunt for an Omega (not Rolex), do excuse the occasional random picture that may or may not be suitable for this thread. These were all taken on the third floor of Nakano Broadway; the shops close at 5pm, so don't go too late in the afternoon - leave LOTS of time for browsing!

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Apologies about the quality of pics; I was using just my mobile phone and lighting in store was less than ideal.

As for my travel companion; I only brought one :-)

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote