View Single Post
Old 12 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #1642
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The one thing about this chart is it presumes “all things being equal”. And they seldom are...

The flat line assumes officials don’t do anything to change the slope of the capacity.

Here is what usually happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great.

So where do we get the extra doctors and respirators??? Where do we get the extra icu units??? Where do we get the extra protective suits and masks for our doctors and nurses???

When your doctor gets sick, are you okay with him/her treating you??? Or do you think they should be quarantined along with every other doctor or nurse they may have worked with. Who is left???

Sorry to be so curt mate but you have no idea how scared medical professionals are right now. My wife‘s physicians group has spent WEEKS refining their contingency plans to make sure they can do the best as they can when this hits us here at the level it looks like it will.

There is a very real point where our ability to respond is maxed out. People who assume that we have an elastic supply of medical resources simply do not understand what we face.

Like I have said before, this is not something that will kill us all. But it is going to be EXTREMELY disruptive to our society and economy and we need to do everything we can to prevent this from becoming even worse.

The yellow line is the capacity increase like China created with their rapid response facility.

I’m not challenging the fact that the blue curve is what we should do - just saying any line in the sand can be moved with effort.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD