View Single Post
Old 13 March 2020, 01:33 AM   #1705
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
I have a question for the experts here. I am taking this very seriously and trying to be as responsible as I can. I am not particularly worried for myself as I am 41 and in good health but still I'd rather not contract this and put others (or perhaps even myself) in danger. I am fortunate enough to work from home 100% of the time so it is easy for me to essentially quarantine myself. One place I do go is a very lightly-attended gym. There's never more than a handful of people in there at a time and I do not frequently have personal interactions with anyone there. Since this all started I have been hyper-aware to wash my hands multiple times during my workouts and I never, ever touch my face. However, it is obviously an indoor environment and I've read you can get this simply by breathing the same air as someone else. A lot of breathing goes on in a gym.

Not trying to be overly reactionary here, but should I stop going? Other information - my wife at this point is still going to an office everyday and we have two kids under 10 that for now are still in school.
We're in similar situations. I also WFH 100% and have two kiddos in daycare while my wife works full-time in an office.

I'm 36, healthy and go to the gym frequently; I don't intend to stop. Until someone says "don't do that", I will continue to do what we do (including holding my son's birthday party this weekend, flying to Houston for a wedding next weekend, going to Daytona Beach the following weekend...).