View Single Post
Old 3 July 2018, 11:30 AM   #6
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currywurst View Post
Thank You Scarlet Night and JJ for the quick feedback.. The reason for me to go for the JLC is to move up the chain.. and from daily wear perspective Polaris Chrono strikes all the right cords.. I really do like the Blue Dial..

Just reading a few comments on other forums gave me caution(many are subjective like you say on looks etc.., movement size being small - not sure what that means) hence wanted to get inputs from expert watch enthusiast's like yourselves..

I am glad to hear that 20% is a bargain for a new release.. Another query.. Is comparing the JLC Chrono with a Panerai PAM01359 fair.. Since that was the other piece i had shortlisted.. Or do folks here consider JLC a league above and are there concern's over Panerai in terms of Brand value over recent past..

I dont own a Speedmaster yet.. Certainly want to add that to the stable in time..

Looking forward to more views..
Generally speaking, when people say the movement is too small it means they used an existing movement that was architected for a smaller case, so they have to use spacers to fill the case void. It also causes the date aperture to be closer to the center. It's a way of saying the manufacturer was lazy. This does seem to be the case when you look at the back notice the steel ring/spacer between the sapphire case back and the rotor. Howeve, this does not hurt or ignore the quality of the movement...

This place likes Panerai just fine and I think there's a sub-forum. I've just never been a huge fan due to there typical size. I do favor JLC since they are known as a solid movement manufacturer which has supplied some of the top brands such as AP, VC.

Also, you may want to check this Blancpain out - https://www.blancpain.com/en/watch/5000-0240-o52a
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote