View Single Post
Old 25 February 2013, 06:11 PM   #669
bosjohn

This proves once and for all GS and Rolex can coexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim604 View Post
Both great watches!

Fit and finish of Grand Seiko dials is pretty spectacular, no doubt about that. I prefer the double locking Rolex clasp with easylink but not saying the Grand Seiko isn't top notch as well, though much more like the Omega clasping mechanism.

The crown on the Rolex dial may be more recognizable than the GS on the Grand Seiko, but that doesn't make it a better watch. Grand Seiko has proven quality, fit and finish that hasn't had to rely on flashy marketing to make great watches for over 50 years.

The fit and finish may be better on Grand Seikos, but that doesn't make it a better watch. The Rolex brand hasn't become a power house name because of flashy marketing alone. It has over 100 years of innovation and timeless trendsetting designs that have gotten it to where it is today. Rolex mechanisms may not be the prettiest, but are some of the most well designed, robust and time proven movements ever made. And the international support network for the brand is not something to be ignored either.

I enjoy them both and wear them both proudly. Presenting two of my favourite daily wearers:

Are they nesting will there be baby seikexs or rolkos in the future :-)