View Single Post
Old 14 March 2018, 02:12 PM   #92
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
But only here, on the Other Watches sub forum Lange is smashing it, and I too would look to Lange first for a dress watch, think Patek have gone stale here and lost ground to Lange, Journe, Moser and others.
I think this is right.

This might be some interesting context. I'm in my mid-late 20s and last year I wanted to branch out beyond Rolex and add my first proper leather band dress watch to my collection. I quickly honed in on PP and Lange -- the former because of it's obvious reputation and the latter due to the Lange 1 being one of my top "grail" watches. I was deciding between a Calatrava and Saxonia. Thankfully I had the opportunity to easily try out both watches multiple times (love that there is a Lange boutique at South Coast Plaza in SoCal now!) and ended up going to with the Saxonia. Hard to describe why beyond the feeling that the Saxonia just "spoke" to me more. Most of the deciding process was me trying to fight my draw towards the Saxonia by thinking about how classic/icon the Calatrava...feelings (and the Saxonia) ultimately prevailed though!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote