View Single Post
Old 21 August 2019, 10:04 AM   #97
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2010 View Post
Honestly, I dont want the people that compare everything to Rolex to buy Panerai. Please just continue buying your Subs and Daytonas like good little sheeple. It really gets old listening to some of the same old horseshit from people who really aren't and never were fans of the brand.

Rolex is a great brand and as an entrepreneur I really love their business history and how they are actually a charitable organization. I bet 99.9% of the Rolex sheeple dont even know that. With that being said, Panerai is something totally different than anything out there. Panerai has great history and has a great story as well but let's not forget that the MODERN Panerai is only 20+ years old. Also remember Panerai is not TRYING to be all things to all people. It's always going to produce 50-70,000 watches a year and has no intentions of making 700,000 to 1,000,000 like Rolex.

So just stop with all the nonsense. Either buy a Pam and enjoy it or don't.
This is exactly why I am migrating away from Rolex. Even owning the “hot” Rolex models it is a bit too conventional for my style. After 30 years with Rolex ownership I am sick where the brand has gone. It’s certainly not about the watches or owners.
Panerai has always struck a chord with me years ago. Rolex are commodity flippers. I am a enthusiast.

Like wearing a a LaFerrari on the wrist.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote