View Single Post
Old 28 November 2018, 04:28 AM   #1
opresso
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
FOR SALE!!!!...BUT maybe not?????

This point has been eating at me and I just have to throw it out there in the world. WHY, oh, WHY do sellers list an item for sale BUT when you send a sensible question regarding provenance, polished or not, box with papers, etc., etc., they just do not respond? This is quite frustrating. Why list the watch for sale IF you do not plan to take the time to answer general questions?

I can understand if it is a lowball situation, such as offering $1500 for a $5500 watch.....I GET THAT!!!!

However, if the offer is within 10-20% of the asking price...and the posting states OBO....wtf? That is generally a label of willingness to negotiate. Are some people just ignorant to the art of negotiation and the fun it can bring in conversation?

SO, my request to sellers is if you are selling and do NOT want to budge on the price, how about stating "firm." This way, intelligent people will not waste their time sending you a PM. In my book, it is quite rude not to respond to someone with a valid question or offer.

I just do not understand someone taking the time for photos, descriptions and postings if they are not willing to do the last part and answer a few questions and take the money! Blows my mind.
opresso is offline   Reply With Quote