View Single Post
Old 2 August 2018, 11:23 PM   #18
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
20% off for a new piece from an AD is a great discount... specially for a piece that was just released this year. The smooth and rough dial finish is the intended design, so it's subjective... I personally think it's very attractive from pic's but I haven't seen in real life. I haven't heard anything about the movement, please provide details of the concern.
In a way 20% is a very good discount, but like most watches once bought its value will go down around 40%, maybe more around 50% used, not sure, so this is the kind of watch I would buy from grey new, it should be cheaper, around 30%, or wait a little and buy used, I think you should find a mint one for 40% off in one year. Of course if you are sure you will keep it then 20% is good enough, I like only new watches so used is not for me, but on watches with poor resale I try to get through grey dealers as it is usually more interesting, I get through AD if I want to build a relationship with the AD.

What I don't get is that you put a discount for a blue dial and he is proposing a black dial??? DOn't settle, if you want the blue dial get the blue dial, at those prices you should get first choice, not second...

About JLC being above Panerai horologically without any question, the only thing is that Panerai might have better resale on some models, unfortunately JLC does poorly on many models resale wise, not important if you keep the watch forever, but not always the case
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote