View Single Post
Old 16 March 2019, 02:53 AM   #56
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
The homeless are generally drug addicted and or have mental problems. They are not people who just got lazy and decided to live a wonderful life on the street one day.

A lot of homeless in California are people from colder states that came here so they wouldn't freeze to death and in some cases they were provided bus tickets from social services in other states to come here. In SF due to an influx of computer types in the last few years low income housing dried up and high rent condos took their place.

It's a tough problem and unless there are places to lock them up, which is basically illegal and there are no facilities to even do that, I'm missing the political aspect of this that everyone is hinting at.

Does California ship everyone homeless person from the Mid-West back to where they came from? Do we lock them up? Do we hire more cops to ferry them back and forth to jail every day? Do we shoot them?

Just wondering.
I think you misunderstood me. I have worked in Behavioral Health for 25 years. No judgement from me. Just the opposite. I agree most have SUD and or MH problems. The real issue is even when services are available we cannot get people to access them. There are integrated systems in many places that address medical, dental, BH, and housing, that are not accessed by those who need it.
Ty: By height.