View Single Post
Old 16 March 2019, 03:11 AM   #59
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I have worked in Behavioral Health for 25 years. No judgement from me. Just the opposite. I agree most have SUD and or MH problems. The real issue is even when services are available we cannot get people to access them. There are integrated systems in many places that address medical, dental, BH, and housing, that are not accessed by those who need it.
Yeah, tough one. I've read the ones that need the meds won't stay on them because of the side affects, and the addicts are maybe beyond rehabilitation. I'm guessing they've been in the system many times.

When people state the hush hush political stuff here, I'm wondering what their solution is though.

When I lived in LA in the 80s Reagan was blamed for the homeless issue nationwide because he cut funding to places that helped them. ( I was new in the US so I can't say if that was accurate or not). But places like Venice Beach became a Mecca for them arriving by the day from other places in the US.

The only recourse I can see is strip away their civil rights and forcibly clean them up, which is not possible. As for people that lost their housing, there has to be affordable clean housing.

But wait, due to automation and corporate culture making employees a liability instead of an asset, in the next 20 years, things are gonna get real ugly.