View Single Post
Old 26 May 2018, 04:33 PM   #31
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Google ‘Patek Water’

PP and AP are much more out there in recent years then I’ve ever seen before be it from the like of Ed Sheeran to them being in rap/grime lyrics but we are still no where near the Rolex league of placement.

Like you say it’s still brand recognition I have friends make comments after I’ve mentioned Patek, AP and even Goyard and gone ‘I’ve heard that in this or that song’ etc but they weren’t aware of what they were, well I know for a fact all my friends know the brand Rolex.
patek water

See... never heard of it until here. No one really knows AP either IMO anyway, in any real sense. The only difference is that with an offshore, more people notice it. They still don't know what they are seeing most of the time though.

Having heard of something and being able to connect it to what that thing actually is the the part that is lacking. Rolex is so universal that you say Rolex and everyone immediately gets what it is.

Ed Sheeran is fun to watch spot but again you would kind of need to know what to look for to have an idea of what he is wearing.The last time i saw him in Battersea (at Byrons of all places) pretty sure he had a 5726A on
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote