View Single Post
Old 8 August 2018, 05:02 AM   #18
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
Your review resulted in me bringing this watch home today! Two years ago this watch drew me to Rolex and I wanted to immediately make a purchase. You couldn't fine one anywhere to see in person at the time so it kind of went on the back burner. I decided last week that after owning a TAG, 2 Breitlings and an Omega it was now time for a Rolex.

I must admit I let the purists convince me my tastes were off and this was not a watch worth purchasing. I began looking again and narrowed it down to either the new Explorer 39mm or the New Oyster Perpetual in black. Last night while looking for reviews on these watches I read your review. This prompted me to contact DAVIDSW this morning and ask him to have an Air King ready to look at as well. I really didn't think I would bring it home, but figured I may as well take a look and see if it got to me like it got to you. I was pretty well set on the OP, but guess what?? This watch just spoke to me. The 40mm case size and the heft the Milgauss housing provides hit my sweet spot. The Explorer and the OP both felt too light and not substantial enough on my wrist. If you have not seen the AK in person, you really have not experienced the watch. I am so glad I was lucky enough to take a look in person before making a purchase.

Thank you for your excellent review!
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote