View Single Post
Old 5 November 2018, 05:04 PM   #16
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLiWORKS View Post
Its also about constancy of product as well. How are these knock off units calibrated and do they all read the same? Witschi is a trusted proven brand used by all luxury brands. Rolex, AP, Patel etc. We use them because our customers deserve it and expect a high quality of work. These devices gives us a reliable metrics that help us to achieve the results. You cant manage what you cant measure and precision measuring tools are required.

Would anyone leave their Porsche, Ferrari, even an Audi with a mechanic working with budget tools from Harbor Freight? Thats why you wont find a timegrapher in any real watch shop. Seriously 0.00%. Its not because we’re idiots opting to spend $3k ($7k for micromat) vs $300. Its because we pay for constancy Witschi has engineered through the years.

Timegraphers are great. Carefully when using a non professional grade devices to measure the quality of work of proven shops especially in the context of this tread. RSC

We’re merely suggesting getting it tested with a Swiss device.

All work done in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
I have air velocity meters calibrated yearly to NATA and NIST.

I would be interested to see the calibration certificate for your Witschi.

The results on my Timegrapher have always reflected the actual results I see when the watch is worn.

If a watch is running fast on a weekly basis I find my Timegrapher shows this and also shows me the best position to reduce the error.
I have never had a watch that ran minus when worn and plus when on the Timegrapher when the positional results were averaged.
YYMV.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote