View Single Post
Old 6 November 2018, 10:19 AM   #22
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
Did they not give you their own timing results ?

I'm suspicious of repairers who won't and either think that their customers can't possibly understand them, or don't want to have to explain them in case they may not have delivered what the manufacturer sets as the standard.

A good honest repairer will stand behind the work, warrant it, give you their timing results, explain what the results mean if asked, and how they match up to the standards set by the manufacturer.

Those are the organisations I'll spend my money with. There are some that I surely won't.
Exactly. I try to educate a customer as much as I can. Mention any issues the watch may have and explain them in a way they can understand. Not sure why so few in this business don't do that. I see it in the jewelry business too. I've had to teach several about "selling repairs." It's not simply take the item form the customer and hand it back to them. There's so much more involved that no one ever thinks about. This is why I tell people that, just because you can repair watches or repair jewelry doesn't mean you can run a business.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote