View Single Post
Old 25 May 2020, 08:04 AM   #183
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripiest View Post
One of the assumptions in this thread is that Rolex customers are largely wealthy. Agreed, but what does wealthy mean? I ask, because I work in a job where I have contact with a number of HNWI, ranging from tens of millions to over a billion, and thinking of the watches I've seen, I've see Pateks, APs, Hublots and others, but the only Rolexes I've ever seen have been on a Monaco lawyer and a security guy for one of the HNWIs. Is it different in the US? Or are the HNWIs going into the Rolex AD and being told to get lost?

It's obviously not a representative sample as such.
Well they might have not been wearing a Rolex during your encounter with them.

You can look at the membership of this forum. There are quite a few members here completely insulated from economic downfalls and they can purchase whatever they want at any time.

Those particular individuals aren’t personally out of income because they couldn’t go to work as a bartender or hair stylist.

Lower wage workers got hammered with the economic crisis, but so far, the Rolex buyers really have not been that affected, especially when compared to ‘08. Certainly some on the fringes are delaying their purchase, but those with funds are spending.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote