View Single Post
Old 17 May 2018, 02:16 AM   #33
Sea-Dweller 1978
"TRF" Member

I did. Everyday for the past 23 years. I wore my 1978 Sea Dweller doing everything. Dirt biking, skiing, golfing, running, paddle, swimming, surfing and even trying to put a bent hdmi cable into a wall mounted tv. I also didn't realize its value until about 7 years ago, but only recently limited my wear. In the past 5 years, after having it completely reconditioned, I have had to get it repaired twice and I had it serviced twice as well. It really just can't the beating of running and exercise more than anything. I also lost the original bezel 2 years ago while playing golf. That sucked. Up until a couple years ago, I never gave it much thought. I also knew that if I kept taking it off for various activities I would eventually lose it. Much like I have done temporarily over the last couple years.

So my answer is...maybe. If you are a middle aged adult and the biggest hazard is spilling a glass of chardonnay on it, then yes...wear it every single day. If you are 29 years old and still reliving your youth playing on your local bar's softball team, maybe cut it back to occasions that deem fit. My watch has seen a lot of real life experiences. If that watch could talk....

1st image before reconditioning
2nd image - all cleaned upbeat small.jpg

cleaned small.jpg

sweep small.jpg
3rd image - after another 5 years (current)

Don't judge!
Sea-Dweller 1978 is offline   Reply With Quote