View Single Post
Old 22 March 2024, 09:35 AM   #21
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by macluven View Post
Why not?? I would and DID get a 38mm AP RO Chrono. My brother in law has buying history with an AP boutique, and I know that there would be no way I would be able to get such a watch at retail without spending an arm and a leg and waiting for years.

I have the watch, box, and papers, so what if it's not in my name (I don't think the card shows the name anyways)? The only difference that would make is if I plan on buying more APs in the future. The boutique that he got it from is in another state, so I would have to start a relationship with a local boutique anyways.

It's like going grey for a watch, but you get it at retail and you know it's legit. I personally don't have an issue with it, others may think otherwise.
AP does not have names on warranty cards. Unlike Patek which shows your name and address (this is now optional for some countries).
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote