View Single Post
Old 17 October 2022, 12:12 AM   #94
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsworth View Post
Completely agree.

I always find it humorous when people put state news like NPR/BBC on a pedestal saying it is as objective as objective gets. I can think of 10 stories that prove otherwise and I am not even a consumer of those networks.

Objectivity is a thing of the past. People generally want to read/watch media that bolsters their own biases, subconsciously or not. The Rittenhouse trial (not sure if I am allowed to be this specific on TRF) is a prime example of this. NPR couldn't mention his name without saying "far-right" right after.
Without mentioning any specific stories, I’ve lost count of how many times Fox and the New York Post reported a story, were then lambasted by mainstream media for unverified (because only the folks in charge can verify facts, apparently) “conspiracy theories” that eventually turned out to be true. And the mainstream media never apologizes or admits they were wrong.

If Dan is afraid of America becoming North Korea, then one of the fastest ways to get there would be to eliminate Fox News and News Corporation generally. They’re the oppositional voice that takes an antagonistic stance toward the established power structure. They serve an important role in calling out behaviors and issues that nearly everyone else ignores. Do they sometimes veer into untrue conspiracies? Yes, but I can hardly blame them, given how often yesterday’s “conspiracy theory” and “hate speech!” becomes tomorrow’s cold hard fact.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote