View Single Post
Old 17 April 2008, 10:39 AM   #1
The Dude

Japan... A different world

I was going to go into Tokyo at first but instead we have opted for Kamakura and we will visit Tokyo, tomorrow and Thursday.

These were taken in Yokohama

I am surprised at the amount of vintage motorcycles.

To get around in the Subway is real easy

And Chinatown is really nice at night. More to come

A few images from Kamakura, narration to come for these later as I will be heading to Tokyo again shortly

Shibuya, Tokyo

Shibuya is famous for its scramble crossing which is reportedly the world's busiest. It is located in front of the Shibuya Station Hachiko exit and stops vehicles in all directions to allow pedestrians to inundate the entire intersection.

The Starbucks store overlooking the crossing is also one of the busiest in the world, the line up was too long so I skipped my morning latte.

The 2003 American movie Lost in Translation featured a scene at the crossing. It has to be the busiest crossing in the world as I can attest, I was there 3 times yesterday the last time at 11:30 p.m. and as busy as 2 p.m. ... I can't even imagine how it is at rush hour...

Ready... set ... GO!!!!!

A "Lost in Translation" moment... it is actually a little bit exhilarating at every light change

A few random pictures of people in the area

What surprised me is that they smoke in restaurants yet outside they have smoking areas...

And it is as busy at night.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote