View Single Post
Old 4 March 2020, 08:18 AM   #779
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Paul I think the toughest thing when interpreting the numbers is that we don't have a good handle on the current numerator or denominator. Let's say there were 8600 people who contracted the virus 2 weeks ago and are now symptomatic. How many people did they interact with while actively shedding virus during that period? It can take a long time to go from 1-2 cases to 50 cases. But it could take a similar time duration to go from 50 to 2500 depending on how many previously unexposed people interact with the virus.

Word has definitely gotten out in my area. Everyone is keeping calm, no hysteria or anything. But I've never seen so many people in Target with soap and cleaning wipes in history, let alone the masses of people asking where the hand sanitizer is.... Well it's all out of stock in our entire region of Michigan, and can't be ordered online. Fortunately a lot of people here stock up on food during the winter as a precaution anyway.

We all have different risk tolerance. I called up my family and gave them a list of stuff to get in case they need to hunker down and avoid leaving their homes for a 2-3 week stretch. I hope they never need it, but will be glad they have it if they find themselves in an empty store-shelf situation in the coming weeks, or if local outbreaks reveal themselves in that time.

That is a better way to explain the numbers and the probability stats. I do agree the general public is still fairly safe as long as they take the advice regarding hygiene.

On the hand sanitizer, they are not as effective as washing well - but you can make your own if you can’t buy it.

2 parts alcohol (no not vodka - it isn’t strong enough) + 1 part pure aloe vera gel; stir.

Save your little travel size hotel shampoo/conditioner bottles and repurpose them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?