View Single Post
Old 14 March 2020, 12:54 PM   #1934
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_Eating_Pizza View Post
Yes, I've heard that cash is quite dirty. But I guess we could always launder it.

As info, Dr. Fauci had a CNN interview with Anderson Cooper a night or two ago. Among many issues, mail, paper and currency were discussed - FWIW here is that section of the transcript below -

Anderson Cooper:
We got a lot of questions, the questioner has. Emily Mitchell, Salt Lake City. Emily, what’s your question?

Emily Mitchell:
Hi, Anderson. Thanks for having me. My question is regarding the mail. I’m a stay at home mom and I do a lot of online shopping, so I’m curious how long Coronavirus lives on surfaces and how we should be handling the mail?

Anderson Cooper:
We’ve got a ton of these, Dr. Fauci. Mail, also money, currency.

Dr. Fauci:
Yeah. There was a paper that was either submitted or already published from one of our people who looked at the detection of viable virus on a variety of substances; stainless steel, polypropylene, cardboard cloth and things like that. For the most part, the titration of it and the titer of it on surfaces is probably measured in a couple of hours. I would think something that goes to the mail, by time it gets to you, that’s it. And even if it is on there, would it be high enough of a concentration to actually be transmitted? Although it’s important, I don’t want to downplay the recommendations of wiping down the kinds of things that you could easily wipe down; doorknobs and screens and things like that. I think if you start thinking about money and mail and things like that, you could almost sort of immobilize yourself, which I don’t think is a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?