View Single Post
Old 15 March 2020, 06:53 AM   #2019
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilel View Post
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

Please read article and if you are in a position of power or influence or are friendly with people that are in power or influence you need to forward to them and they need to take care of this problem ASAP.

We need to close all businesses asap, close border to travellers

Share this with everyone asap

I was able to find the website and have read the long blog post of Tomas Pueyo’s. He does not advocate your sentiment to “close all businesses asap, close border to travelers”. He is calling for business and government leaders to use his modeling tool for decision making and potential actions.

I chose to not fix the link you shared because I believe it is unhelpful. Anyone can go to medium.com and search for Tomas Pueyo.

He does a good job of modeling the math of exponential growth if we fail to act in curbing unlimited domestic travel from COVID-19 hotspots with reasonable speed. But he also presumes no other actions will work - and that death rates grow (when in fact nobody can say that definitively).

But closing all businesses and borders in any country like yours (Canada) nor others will work. In my opinion it is not a reasonable step as it would create unbearable burdens to the entire population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?