View Single Post
Old 16 March 2020, 11:15 PM   #2200
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
No crystal ball.

For now, I think the entertainment and travel industries will be hit hardest. Some state and local government are closing or limiting gatherings at bars, clubs and other places people congregate. Starbucks is now takeout/drive-through only and some stores with high crowd areas have been shut down. Many restaurants are closing or going to take out. Resorts are closing.

In his news conference Saturday, the US President supported Apple's decision to go on line only. And encouraged people to not travel unnecessarily. But he also spotlighted supply chain for medicine and food and other essentials and the pledge of those businesses to keep the pipeline going, albeit with prudent measures inlace.

As to construction, I guess it is a mixed bag. My own local government is encouraging permit applications on line and asking people not to come into the government building unless necessary. I suspect, that those in the industry that are able to adapt and accommodate distancing and other known helpful measures will do best.
Yeah I agree with that. It will focus on venues that allow people to gather in groups first and see how it goes.

At this point either the government shuts it down or the virus will organically because employees will be too sick to work and customers will be too sick to show up...so in the end, it's the same result. No Starbucks for awhile. No fiddling around an Apple store...either way business will be negatively impacted. Cutting it off now through forced intervention will give the healthcare system the break it will need.

Letting it go willy nilly will eventually bust BOTH business and the healthcare system. No Bueno.