View Single Post
Old 20 March 2020, 07:08 AM   #2874
lovetherolex
Banned

Another take for those that feel media are creating this.

The scary headlines would also push lawmakers to implement stronger policies to curtail future infections. This would then ultimately curb the long-term damage to the economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/19/some...to-bottom.html

I don’t like the manipulation aspect if any, but if media’s role in this lies along a spectrum and if the overall effect is future measures in place to drastically reduce the effects of any subsequent pan-virus both from a public health and economic standpoint, maybe they will have served their ultimate purpose.

I say that as spring breakers party on the beach in the state of Florida, and while Airbnb has a clear and prudent full refund cancellation policy, on the other side VRBO clearly wants business as usual with the way they are handling this

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
If you had asked this question about a generic pandemic a few months ago, the answer would be this. A pandemic ends when it runs out of victims. Infectious diseases like the Coronavirus spread exponentially as more and more people are infected and become contagious. As people develop immunity after surviving infection, receive a vaccine, or avoid infection through distancing, isolation or quarantine, the number of possible victims decreases until the pandemic can no longer sustain itself.

Possible mitigating factors with the current world situation include the seeming decrease in infections in Asia after only a few months despite billions of remaining potential victims and the real possibility that a currently existing antiviral drug could be found to be helpful in decreasing death from Coronavirus. That is my greatest hope right now.
How do the apparent cases of reinfection differentiate this outlook in your view, if we will not achieve herd immunity.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-test-positive