View Single Post
Old 28 March 2020, 03:37 AM   #4063
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
Why are they suffering so badly? Overwhelmed health care system? Older population? Its pretty puzzling and incredibly sad [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Total reported cases.

Please don’t get me wrong. I get your point. And it’s horrifying. Just trying to find whatever positivity we can.

Either way it’s terrible. But likely better for all of us if we don’t go down the road of negativity.

Positive can keep our immune systems strong. True story.
Very true Seth being positive can reduce stress, anxiety, depression all of which help keep a healthy immune system. A few things in Italy that are making things tough:

-Industrial North has a very high cost of living, skewing population towards elderly or seniors that are generally more wealthy able to afford living costs. Large portion of global workers as well in industry that travel quite frequently. I'm also not convinced the air quality isn't fairly poor when comparing pollution images from satellites and changes since shutdown.

-From a society perspective, the high cost of living has generally resulted in many more multi-generation households compared to some other countries. It's not uncommon for 3 generations to be living under the same roof. Shows the importance of not being carriers for those more vulnerable.

-Huge tourism industry that has a very high global travel rate. Venice really is a town of just tourists nowadays to be honest as an example. Milan, Florence, Torino, Rome are all high turnover in terms of travelers and also restaurant and accommodation industries.

-Generally higher proportion of adults that smoke cigarettes (especially older generations), that increase complications potentially from a respiratory illness.

Hoping they are able to turn the corner, and recovery.