View Single Post
Old 28 March 2020, 06:34 AM   #4078
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I know many of us are dealing with the stress of this pandemic. Some are quarantined, others voluntarily isolating and all of us separated from socializing and hanging out - that which was a normal part of life. Just getting out of the apartment or house for a walk is now a blessing.

Today I had a little revelation that I thought worthy of sharing.

I’ve been walking and running in parks for years. But the parks are crowded due to kids out of school and workers furloughed.

I went to a different place today and found it virtually empty - peaceful and quiet - my family’s cemetery. I usually go for the reasons many cultures do, and usually every month.

So today it was a revelation, as well as a veneration of the family.
All their names on granite and marble row upon row. A peaceful walk away from the crowds and bustle of the city. Birds and trees and squirrels and monuments to courage. A quiet stillness on a warm early Summer’s day.

Two miles along the paths and roads lifted spirits more than any past visit in this new reality we all share.

So maybe that idea is something you might feel warmed by doing - and maybe take a flower or two with you.

Have a great weekend wherever you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?