View Single Post
Old 2 December 2022, 11:49 PM   #2016
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Do people actually think Rolex CPO will be less than grey? Every CPO program out there shows the opposite. They will charge even higher prices than the grey market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
I’m with you. Not sure how it could be any other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
they can charge whatever they want but if those cpo watches just sit there gathering dust....then they will need to adjust/lower the pricing to a level the mkt. would be willing to bear. right now mkt. is trending lower. let's say an AD prices a cpo Sub @ $18K, i doubt there will be takers.....though to be fair, remains to be seen.
Agreed with all of this

I'm an exec in the auto industry for many decades and when comparing cars, yes I know its not apples to apples, but a CPO versus a Non Cpo of the same make model will always sale for more. Mainly because there is a fee that the dealer has to pay the manufacturer/plus extra labor and parts cost to be able to label that car "CPO"

I think what people might be missing is its not Rolex setting the prices or at least thats my opinion. Its the A D's. Rolex has just made yet another way to make money and I seriously think this is much ado about nothing.

I mean its not like Rolex is gonna be out here buying up preowned inventory. If so from who/where? And I definitely dont see Rolex opening up any preowned dealerships lol. All this is, is just a way for the A D's to take a watch in on trade, have it serviced, and slap a CPO sticker on the watch

What I find interesting is how this will play out in the A D's. As in what will the offer on such trade in? How will affect waiting lists on new models? The games? The run arounds?

As to the secondary market all I see happening is Rolex A D's playing ball like Chrono and all the rest but again its the A D's not Rolex. Unless you're telling me Rolex is gonna have a store front somewhere or start listing a pre owned section on Rolex.com