View Single Post
Old 27 December 2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
Hi all, I thought I would give a quick review of my recently acquired GP Laureato. I have had the watch for about 2 weeks and have worn it extensively. Some of you who have seen my other threads know I traded my smooth bezel Datejust 41 for this BNIB version. So these are an owners thoughts of this watch after a few weeks. I will include a couple of my own pics.

Case and Bracelet:
The bracelet is the most comfortable I have ever strapped on. There is a curvature on the case/lugs that helps drape the watch around your wrist. The finishing is amazing with the polished transitional bevel going down the outerlinks and extending into the case. It is beautifully tapered and integrated. Screw down crown and 100m water resistant.

Dial:
The dial is a metallic blue is a clois de paris style cut. It is amazing in sunlight. The other thing that was a surprise was the font on the date wheel. The numerals are very nice. The lume is fantastic.

Movement:
Beautifully finished, the bridgework is amazing, really great anglange, cotes de geneve, and it appears all screw heads are black polished. There are three levels of polish on the balance assembly alone! I also love the polish around the rotor bearing. Stunning.
The movement fits the case perfectly as well, 4hz, 54 hour power reserve. Been running a consistent plus 4spd so far.

Overall:
So as you have probably guessed, I love this watch. It is better, for me anyway then I could have hoped. I am not a sophisticated collector, but really wanted to add to my collection an example of high end watchmaking that was classic and contemporary. This has been a great experience so far, the small details have come to light as I wear this watch. I love all kinds of watches and have owned (and own) many great Rolex, Omega, Tag, etc...and they are all wonderful, but this one is really on another level. If you are thinking about one of these, give it a look.
Looking good -> nice pics!

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is online now   Reply With Quote