View Single Post
Old 13 June 2014, 01:19 AM   #10
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm800 View Post
No one except a watch nut will notice your watch. Even if someone does, most people will think it is fake or not even a Rolex. I was sitting next to a guy at a BBQ, we started to talk watches, he was not a watch guy. He was surprised to learn my polar Exp II was a Rolex he said he thought is was a Citizen.

People just don't care as much as we do...it's a fact.
Anyone who is conscious of appearance and marketing can put two and two together. Don't have to be a WIS to know that a watch is special. Just have to be observant. I've had plenty of people compliment me on my watches without knowing what they are.

I think if you are concerned about being judged in your sales position then you are right to question wearing it when meeting with clients. Even if it's just one customer that gets the wrong impression then why take that chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen View Post
Nobody is even going to know. A lot of people seem to share this delusion on this forum that their watch screams, "HEY, I'M A ROLEX!" Only someone who cares about watches like we do would even recognise your watch as being so.

I think there's a subset of Rolex owners for whom this is a disappointment. Some owners seem to think people are thinking about their watch as much as they are, and that could not be further from the truth.
Couldn't disagree more!!

This isn't a private cult we're in, it's an accessory we wear and enjoy, that accessory is marketed pretty well and is in the social sphere. JMHO
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote