View Single Post
Old 13 June 2014, 02:22 AM   #24
diapers
"TRF" Member

I actually agree that most people can tell if a watch is a rolex nowadays, especially in my country, Singapore, whereby most people are brands conscious.

I work in the sales line too, whereby commission and pricing of products are part and parcel of a discussion.
I can say for sure that some of my clients are not as receptive knowing that I wear a rolex and yet am strict on pricing/discounts etc.
Some just keep thinking how much you must be earning from them, and if it's thus a wise choice to go with you.

How you conduct yourself as what was mentioned is definitely an utmost importance and it should be the way whether you're wearing a rolex or not, and for that matter, in any profession.

Back to the sales industry, Why take the chance.

But that being said, I still wear them on a pretty regular basis. More on the exp II tho, cos it's just more under the radar than the others.
And to the ones whom are more receptive and curious to listen to my thoughts, I sincerely explain that it's meant to be passed on to my children, and other than a tool watch that most of them are, they are quite a steady option as an alternative/exotic investment, price increase every year etc.
This has worked out well to my favor most of the time. :)
diapers is offline   Reply With Quote