View Single Post
Old 18 July 2018, 11:25 PM   #16
The Athenian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
This is my 1st post in the forum as I've just registered.

There is no simple answer to what you are asking. First of all, have you tried both watches in your wrist? That will give you a good idea on wich watch feels nicer...

Furthermore, the BB is a Steel watch, the Pelagos is made of Titanium and although that material has tons of benefits (lighter, hypoalergenic, etc) it comes also with some disadvantages, especially the non-hardened Ti that Tudor uses: it sratches very easily and it is slightly more difficult to polish than a steel watch.

Also, the BB is substantially cheaper and more popular, that means that it will probably retain value a little better. The BB is extremelly versatile, like the Submariner. The Pelagos is more of a toolwatch, you cannot use it with formal atire. The Pelagos has far better water resistance, much better Lume and a fantastic lumed ceramic bezel (vs aluminum on the BB). The clasp on the Pelagos is superior as it uses springs to compensate for wrist variations due to temperature.

As you can see, there are many factors to consider while buying your 1st luxury piece. Personaly I would go for the pelagos LHD as I like more the color and I believe is more unique (+ I am a Divemaster so I love the toolwatch approach). However I have already a Sub and an Explorer II, this would also make my decision easier. To be honest, my next buy will probably be the BB Heritage Chrono because it is quirky. Whatever you decide, good luck and I really hope you will enjoy it for many years. I salute you.
The Athenian is offline   Reply With Quote