View Single Post
Old 5 September 2019, 06:54 AM   #45
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
What are your thoughts when comparing the Speedmaster vs. a Rolex Sub /GMT? Do you gravitate more towards one or the other? Do they hold equal status in your collection, or if you HAD to ditch one, which would it be?

If you do answer, please take away the historical context of the moonwatch; I'm more looking at your thoughts on the piece itself, not the history associated with the watch.

I currently have a 16710 and a Hulk, along with a DD40, and I'm looking at possibly adding the Speedmaster, either FOIS or the moonwatch (after all these years of hate!). I just want to make sure that I'm not buying something that will just sit in the case when compared to the Rolexes.
I bought my wife a silver snoopy speedmaster that she loves. When I compare it to my rolexes (subC & SS SkyD), I don’t think any less of the speedmaster. I guess maybe because it’s the snoopy so it’s got some great detailing and that beautiful white dial.

I’ve worn the watch when she lets me and it’s got great wrist presence and is comfortable. I wouldn’t hesitate to add one in your collection.

Something you might want to consider is one of the ceramic speedmasters. I tried on a grey side of the moon with the meteorite dial. It’s spectacular and unique with the meteorite dial, gold bezel, and full ceramic body and deployment. Here’s a photo but the image is a little blown out. It was darker at the store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7A56BD22-0643-4C0B-ACB8-10E97626E55A.jpeg (75.2 KB, 185 views)
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote