View Single Post
Old 24 January 2020, 03:33 PM   #34
pbubsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
I have a Breitling Avenger 45 that I really like. It's simple and understated. Not flashy like a lot of the Breitling line. Don't like everything to be high polish. Prefer brushed like they've been doing on the Avenger 45 and 43 specifically. Easy to service workhorse Valjoux 7750 is actually a bonus to me. Love that movement. I've got a few watches with it and they've ranked among the most robust, reliable and accurate movements I've experienced.

You also can't go wrong with a Navitimer or of course as others have mentioned: the storied Zenith El Primero.

Eta: I owned a Speedmaster and thought it was very cool. Was veeery accurate and a beautiful watch. I don't know why but I just never really connected with it. Ended up selling it when it sat in the safe too long without attention. I haven't been able to really connect with anything Omega. It's odd because they make a fantastic watch and I know it. I've had three different Seamaster variants and one Speedmaster. All dead nuts reliable/accurate but none of which really excited me.
pbubsy is offline   Reply With Quote