View Single Post
Old 10 December 2022, 08:04 PM   #61
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
AP make a huge mistake in my humble opinion….
They do a big step when decide to close all retailers and keep only his Boutiques…..
Then in this hype sell 50 Anniversary to very much customers who in the end shows there are only flippers….. yes you could afford to lose money on a CODE if you received an RO anniversary who you sell with higher profit….
So, look how the things looks now, Chrono24 are full of 15510, 26240 50 anniversary and the price it’s going down and down…… see some 15510 50 anniversary there are more cheaper then RO 15500….
In this condition 50 anniversary who was supposed to be for the AP funs or AP lovers are ending on grey market….
If AP don’t wake up soon and change policy then the price will come below retail in the near future…..
I see someone compare with Patek, I am not Nautilus fun but I must admit that when Patek say it’s the last green itinerary of 5711 after one year stop production…..
From what I understand green AP will be in production in the future so nothing special….
Just my 2 cents
Respectfully, I have to say, if you think AP would have solved the problems you mentioned by sticking with retailers, then I think you are sorely mistakened. Where I’m from, big time ADs are impenetrable unless you’re willing to spend loads on other brands; ADs could care less about your horological interests, just about how much slow moving inventory you take off their hands. There’s no perfect system, but I’d take AP’s boutique construct anytime of the day. Part of the reason I have huge respect for FHB.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote