View Single Post
Old 16 January 2020, 01:20 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I was in Amsterdam for new year's eve and got back home this sunday. I've been doing the same since 1994 and it's my favorite place no question so I think I can help a bit. Regarding watch shops, Amsterdam Vintage Watches is a must visit. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and they always have a lot of nice watches available. Amsterdam Watch Company is a bit smaller but also nice. I had deals in the past with both, but prices are high so don't expect to find good deals in this crazy market. Gassan Dam Square and Gassan Schiphol have zero inventory. The only nice watch I could see at Dam Square was the controversial Tudor P01 and I liked it very much. A couple ADs and many luxury shops at Pieter Cornelisz Hooftstraat (museum square) as well, but you should only visit if you want to see platinum and gold DDs and ladies DJs. Now if you really want to see a lot of sports Rolex you must visit Xupes at De Bijenkorf close to Dam Square. You'll see Hulk, SD4K, 4, 5 and 6 digit GMTs, Zenith Daytonas, many vintage Subs, they really have them all but you'll have to pay (high) market price. However, you won't see many nice watches like that on display anywhere else in AMS. Well I think that's it. Sorry for the long post. I wish you and your wife a very nice trip. Cheers.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote